Wednesday 6 February 2013

The Hobbit - Fili and Kili

This was the first duo of dwarves I painted and I must say I am very happy with the results. Though not entirely accurate to the paint scheme on the box or to the movie; I wanted to convey the mood of the characters more than anything else to make them instantly recognisable on the tabletop. I am also incapable of doing tiny freehand patterns so you won't see anything too fancy on the things I paint.

Fili and Kili have turned out oddly almost as polar opposites with Fili quite a light model whereas Kili has ended up very dark. This was not intentional but I think it helps them stand out against the other dwarves I have started. Both have their blue hoods from the books and I played up the blue element on Kili to mimic Thorin, who I have started but won't finish for a while.

Fili
Kili

                           




Once again the photos are not perfect and the last one is rather blurry but I can't seem to get the lighting how I want it. I would love a light box or similar equipment to take better photographs but I don't have the funds or time to sort it out. One day...

The bases are yet to be decided upon, I have only limited basing equipment at the moment but I am leaning towards using one of the new texture paints as they are the only type of new paint I am yet to try. I will wait until I begin painting the Goblin King's platform before I decide on the base as I would rather the base blends in with the platform rather than stand out.

I dug out my Warriors of Chaos army today and had forgotten what a mess it was in; most of the army was a gift from a friend and over the years I have haphazardly added bits and started things but never finished anything. I hope to start sorting things out tomorrow and will begin posting the progress of that army on the blog as well as everything else. Next up though is Oin and Gloin sometime later this week or early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...