Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Blackwing Part 13 - Librarian Lord Arafel

Lord Arafel, often known as 'the Black' for his dark temperament, is the Chief Librarian of the Blackwing. He represents the chapter on the Hellcarian Inquisitorial High Council and aids Castellan Cyrus on the day-to-day running of the chapter. Above the petty politics much of chapter command embroil themselves in, Arafel seeks only to do his duty and perfect his mighty psychic powers.





This was the very first time I have tried osl on a model. I will readily admit his glowing palm and fingers is not the best example of lighting you will see and there is much to improve on. Below is my awful attempt at dramatic lighting when photographing a model. It may have come out slightly blurred but you should get the idea of what I was aiming for. After taking the photo I did realise  that looking at such pictures gives you a far better idea of where light would fall on a model. In this example you can see where I could have painted some areas where the glow from his hand would fall across his body making a more realistic effect. In future I may experiment with osl some more and blog about the experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...