Tuesday 23 July 2013

Army Showcase - Part 4 - The Eastern Kingdoms

This year as well as painting the 'Escape from Goblin Town' set I have been repainting some of my other Lord of the Rings armies. First to be completed was my Eastern Kingdoms army; quick and dirty I completed this army in only three painting sittings over two months. Using a limited colour palette I achieved a uniformed appearance that looks good on the table top with minimum effort. Not quite 1000 points and intended to act as allies to my larger Harad and Umbar force, I am thinking of perhaps expanding this army with some mixed infantry some point in the future.






My version of Khamul the Easterling, using Glorfindel as a base to distinguish him easily from any other mounted ringwraiths. He leads the first of two heavy cavalry units that make up the core of the force. Most of my other armies tend to be infantry heavy so this one being entirely mounted is quite a radical change for me.



Lord Doom, The Prince in the Far East, is my mini avatar in middle-earth; represented on the table top as a mounted captain or using the rules for Amdur, Lord of Blades depending on points. He leads the second unit of horsemen into battle.



The Khandish provide the shooting in this army and as horse archers can be deadly skirting the enemy flanks. The King also has one of the best stat lines in the army and has the potential to dish out some serious damage from the back of his chariot.



Here are three unmounted heroes who will lead any infantry I add in future. Mostly made from spare parts I think they turned out quite well. I am particularly happy with the war priest and dragon knight who I think look far more sensible than the GW versions.


I happily discovered I owned the Mouth of Sauron a few weeks ago and decided to add him as an ally to this force as he was conveniently mounted. He provides some additional spellcasting and will probably ride alongside Lord Doom during battle. I also have my Isengard force finished which I will post in a week or so time when I have it photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...