Sunday 16 November 2014

Project: Sisters of Battle - Assessing my Collection


The Ecclesiarchy
  1. Adepta Sororitas - Sisters of Battle
  2. Astra Militarum Allies - Representing the Frateris Militia
  3. Inquisitorial Detachment - Representing a Cardinal and his guards 
Until I have the funds necessary to buy the models I require for my Inquisitorial Stormtroopers I will be focusing on my Ecclesiarchal half of my Witch hunters. Here I have assembled my current collection and assessed how each unit will be used according to the current army-plan as laid out above. This post is meant as only a rough outline of my thoughts so expect it to jump around a bit in places.




Faithful of the White Cathedral
This army can be seen in detail in it's current incarnation here: Allies for Sisters of Battle


This was originally a Penal Legion Squad and a Company Command Squad but due to the new Astra Militarum Codex lacking the former option I will combine the units to make a Platoon. All I need to add is another squad of Cultists and I will cover the minimum requirements of a platoon. From there I can add extra units as I please though I currently have none planned.


As Wyrdvane Psykers no longer need an overseer I am considering breaking this unit up to use as Inquisitorial Henchmen. To replace them in my Elites slot I was thinking of using some fantasy Ogres to convert some Ogryns for this force. Current ideas include Eccelesiarchal Executioners or abhuman Penitents of some kind. 


My Sentinel and Commissar Lord will remain as they are and I would even like to add more Sentinels converted into walking pulpits to fill out a whole squad. I am also considering creating an order of knights of some kind to act as Rough Riders; perhaps Brettonian knights with some added 40k bits and pieces. 


Accompanying my Sisters of Battle and Fanatics into battle will be an Inquisitorial detachment that will represent my Grand-Elector: Cardinal Rodrigo Alexander and his son Arch-Bishop Caesar Valentino with their personal retinues. Currently I have two five-woman squads of carapace armoured Battle Sisters to use as Acolytes and a Dark Angels Chaplain I am going to convert into the Arch-Bishop who will use the rules for an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor. A third unit of Crusaders will be added to represent Cardinal Guards and I will convert an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator Armour to represent the Grand-Elector himself.


No changes will be made to my current collection of metal Battle Sisters but I plan to expand it to include another squad of basic Battle Sisters, some Repentia, an Exorcist and as many Preachers as possible which will be done at the same time as the ones for my Astra Militarum allies to create a cohesive look to my frontline priests. This will probably be the first thing I focus on so as to get the core of this part of my army sorted and ready for allies.


I am wanting a create a new and consistent look to my Preachers across all parts of this army so I am going to retire this Preacher for now. I am currently debating whether I should upgrade him to a Confessor by converting him some more or simply adding him to a Henchman squad. Currently I am leaning towards the latter.


The 'Warrior Cardinal' Julius Roverre is currently a Confessor in my Adepta Sororitas army, I have decided that instead I will use him as my Company Commander for my Astra Militarum allies with his Battle Conclave converted into a Company Command Squad. This will free up some space to convert larger Battle Conclaves for my Adepta Sororitas and fill an important role in my Astra Militarum allies.

  1. Death Cult Assassins - Converted With Elves
  2. Arco-Flagellents - Empire Flagellents/Crypt Ghouls as base?
  3. Crusaders - Militarum Tempestus Scions with ccw+shields? Possibly converted Brettonian Men-at-arms



My Penitent Engine is about ready for a bit of a repaint as is Inquisitor Lord Karamazov who looks a little too weathered and filthy.



My Ecclesiarchy army as it currently stands with plans to roughly double it in size through adding more Battle Sisters, expanding their Frateris Militia allies and creating the Cardinal with his bodyguards. This will be at least a year-long project alongside my studies and I don't know how much will be achieved but I intend on regular blog posts yo let you know how I am doing.

As a bonus I also have a brief look at the Inquisitor Lord Hellcarian and some of my thoughts on the second part of this project below.


The Inquisitor Lord Hellcarian and his war band as it currently stands but will probably get broken up for other projects. His current model with the trench coat and helmet looks a bit too military for him to fit with my Sisters of Battle so I may resculpt his model a bit.

Witch Hunters
  1. Inquisitorial Detachment - Ordo Hereticus Warbands
  2. Militarum Tempestus - Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
The Inquisitorial Detachment will consist of the Inquisitor Lord himself and one other new Inquisitor each with their own small 5-7 man war band. The Stormtrooper aspect will hopefully be along the lines of the Militarum Tempestus Storm Scions boxed set. I will be able to use them as either an independent army using the Militarum Tempestus Codex, as an allied detachment for my Sisters of Battle or even as a platoon within my Astra Militarum army. 


2 comments:

  1. Would seriously suggest picking up an imperial knight as an ally. I played a small detachment of sisters with a knight the other weekend, and it was fantastic fun. Plus the knight allows you to have some seriously awesome fun with converting for the Ecclesiarchy. (And it's probably the cheapest of all the expanding solutions, since not metal).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking about adding a Knight to my collection since they came out. I really like the idea of converting some kind of huge Penitent Engine or a walking chapel, only problem at the moment is cost as I am on a student budget, perhaps after christmas...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...